Saturday, May 5, 2012

Writers

Who or what are writers?



writer is a person who produces literature or nonfiction, such as novelsshort storiesplaysscreenplayspoetryessaysarticles, or other literary art.
Wiki

But this definition of a writer is definitely not limited to those that produce such fine art. The word has expanded to cover many notions. One of them being a blogger.

Blogging



Blogging has been in existence since man began to express his emotions through words/pictures. The word 'blog' was only coined as recently as 1990 (Wiki); but the idea of it covers anything that can be classified as a 'personal journal'. Some say that a blog is something that is published on the World Wide Web. Others claim that it is only something that has replaced the good old 'journals'. 

Personally, I have never kept a journal. But I have always wanted to write. It's a long term goal in life that got a few starts at times, but I could never carry through.

Since I have no clue how to go about it, I thought let's start off with a blog. What better way for one to express himself? It is a vent. An outlet for your feelings, your emotions, adventures, life events, anything that involves you. Since blogging started, it has also been used to express opinions and ideas. In some instances, it is even used to portray a person's creative side. This is what I am trying to do.

I have been pegged back a lot on many instances from doing this. But today (tonight?), I decided to give it a try after all.



The Internet has got a new blogger.

Let's see how this goes.

PS: This will involve not only my personal experiences, ideas, opinions, but also some fiction.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome aboard! Enjoy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the club bro. I echo your thoughts completely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^ Thanks a lot for all your support :)

    ReplyDelete